Course Materials at OpenGeo¶
OpenGeo is a “social enterprise” devoted to building and supporting tools that help organizations share their information online. We believe that access to knowledge is a fundamental good, so we make our training materials available online under an open document license, for everyone to use and reuse.
The following are actual course materials given at our various training classes in New York City and at conferences around the world. As our list of courses grows, we will be posting more materials here.
- Introduction to the OpenGeo Suite - (Download)
- This course will introduce attendees to the OpenGeo Suite, a complete web mapping solution. The course will include an introduction to spatial analysis with PostGIS, loading and serving data with GeoServer, map optimization with GeoWebCache, styling, composing, and publishing maps with GeoExplorer, and creating your own web map applications with OpenLayers and GeoExt.
- Introduction to PostGIS - (Download)
- As presented at FOSS4G 2011, this workshop introduces the PostGIS spatial database. Installation, loading data, configuration, spatial SQL queries, indexing, tuning and viewing are among the topics touched on in this overview workshop.
- Introduction to GeoServer - (Download)
- Updated for 2013. Learn to load, style, and publish maps and data using GeoServer.
- Introduction to OpenLayers - (Download)
- Developing OGC Compliant Web Applications with GeoExt - (Download/readme)
- First presented at FOSSGIS 2011, this workshop introduces GeoExt as a web mapping frontend to OGC Web Services (OWS). Create a map application with a WMS browser, a WFS-T editor, and more.
- Spatial Database Tips and Tricks
- How to use the power of spatial databases to make your web mapping applications more powerful. Spatial SQL queries, binding the web to the database, and web architectures.
Looking for information on GXP/ReadyGXP? It is now known as the OpenGeo Suite SDK. More information at http://opengeo.org/technology/sdk/.
About these materials¶
The materials in this site are built using the Sphinx documentation system, and the source for all the materials are available in a public Subversion repository and are available for download. If you find an error in the materials, or would like to add a translation, please let us know.
More OpenGeo Services¶
- OpenGeo Suite
- The OpenGeo Suite bundles PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoWebCache and OpenLayers into one integrated, supported, web mapping application stack. The OpenGeo Suite can be integrated into existing infrastructures, deployed stand-alone, or deployed in cloud-computing environments.
- Core Development
- OpenGeo employs core committers and steering committee members for all the open source projects we support. That gives you unparalleled access to then talent and connections necessary to get new features built and integrated into the projects.
- Building a system? Tuning your application? Looking for great design and web cartography? We have the experienced staff to move your project from vision to reality.
Previous: Education Center
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Feel free to use this material, but we ask that you please retain the OpenGeo branding, logos and style.